- RSS Channel Showcase 5270424
- RSS Channel Showcase 9487770
- RSS Channel Showcase 6172185
- RSS Channel Showcase 2339857
Articles on this Page
- 09/11/10--06:58: _Petronas to Train I...
- 02/11/11--10:53: _Japan’s JOGMEC to i...
- 10/20/11--14:10: _Weatherford Wins $2...
- 10/31/11--12:33: _Schlumberger Report...
- 12/22/11--19:20: _UMW in $30m Deal at...
- 01/23/12--19:16: _Gharraf to Start Pr...
- 07/16/12--17:08: _Shahristani tells J...
- 03/04/13--03:16: _Start of Production...
- 08/14/13--09:55: _Production to Start...
- 09/04/13--08:30: _Gharraf Oil Starts ...
- 01/21/14--02:55: _STX Wins More Iraq ...
- 03/06/14--09:26: _Gazprom Connects Ba...
- 02/02/15--08:06: _Oil Minister Announ...
- 01/08/16--05:35: _Iraq sets up Dhi Qa...
- 04/17/18--10:30: _Turkish Firm wins C...
- 08/05/18--20:56: _Baker Hughes wins I...
- 07/24/10--16:23: _Appraisal Wells Pla...
- 09/07/10--17:53: _New Quarterly Produ...
- 09/11/10--06:58: Petronas to Train Iraqi Engineers for Gharraf Oilfield
- 02/11/11--10:53: Japan’s JOGMEC to invest in Gharraf Oilfield
- 10/20/11--14:10: Weatherford Wins $200m Project at Garraf Oil Field
- 10/31/11--12:33: Schlumberger Reports on Iraq Operations
- 12/22/11--19:20: UMW in $30m Deal at Garraf Oilfield
- 01/23/12--19:16: Gharraf to Start Production by Sept
- 07/16/12--17:08: Shahristani tells Japex, Petronas to Speed up Development at Gharraf
- 03/04/13--03:16: Start of Production at Gharraf Delayed
- 08/14/13--09:55: Production to Start at Gharraf this Month
- 09/04/13--08:30: Gharraf Oil Starts Field Production
- 01/21/14--02:55: STX Wins More Iraq Business
- 03/06/14--09:26: Gazprom Connects Badra to Main Pipeline
- 02/02/15--08:06: Oil Minister Announces 3 New Companies
- 01/08/16--05:35: Iraq sets up Dhi Qar Oil Company
- 04/17/18--10:30: Turkish Firm wins Contract at Garraf
- 08/05/18--20:56: Baker Hughes wins Iraq Flare Gas Contract
- 07/24/10--16:23: Appraisal Wells Planned for Garraf
- 09/07/10--17:53: New Quarterly Production Targets for Basra’s Oilfields
Petronas, the Malaysian state oil firm, has agreed to train 60 Iraqi oil engineers to help it develop the Gharaf oilfield. The engineers will attend an intensive 6-month course in Malaysia and will then be sent back home to supervise the company’s operations, according to a report from Azzaman. Petronas and Japan Petroleum Exploration Co […]
Reuters reports that the state-run Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corp (JOGMEC) said on Thursday it expects to provide about 16.3 billion yen ($198 million) of capital in 2011-2012 to Iraq’s Gharaf [Gharraf, Garraf] oilfield development project. In return, JOGMEC said it would take a stake of less than 50 percent in Japan Petroleum […]
Weatherford International has won a deal to build early production facilities at Iraq’s untapped Garraf oil field in southern Iraq, a former Iraqi oil ministry official said Wednesday, according to a report from Dow Jones. Adnan Galay, who retired as chairman of the field’s joint management committee a few weeks ago, declined to give the […]
As part of its third quarter earnings results, Schlumberger has issued the following statements on its operations in Iraq: In Iraq, Wireline MSCT* mechanical sidewall coring technology has been deployed on two exploration wells. Core recovery in the tight and fractured carbonate reservoirs was 100% for each job and the cores will yield the petrophysical […]
Malaysia’s Synergistic Generation Sdn Bhd (SGSB), which is 60 percent owned by UMW Holdings Bhd, has entered into a $30 million contract with Petronas Carigali Iraq Holding BV (PCIHBV). The contract is for the procurement of materials and equipment and installation and commissioning of all equipment and facilities by SGSB for the setting up of […]
Bloomberg reports that Malaysia’s Petronas and the Japan Petroleum Exploration Co. (JAPEX) will start producing crude from the Gharraf oil field in southern Iraq by September. Sattar Mahdi, head of field development, said the field will initially produce about 35,000 barrels a day by the end of the third quarter, gradually increasing capacity to 230,000 […]
By John Lee. The Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs, Hussein al-Shahristani, has reportedly urged the consortium developing the Gharraf oilfield in Maysan province to speed up progress on the project. He also offered to help “eliminate the obstacles facing the work of the company”, which is a venture between the Japanese JAPEX and […]
By John Lee. Japan Petroleum Exploration (Japex) and its partners have delayed the start of production in the Gharraf [Garraf] oil field by six months, according to Bloomberg. Production was scheduled for the end of 2012, but will now be postponed until the end of June; a company official blamed the delay on problems with […]
By John Lee. Iraq’s Ministry of Oil has announced that the long-awaited start of production at the Gharraf [Garraf] oilfield is now scheduled for the end of August. Initial output is expected to be 35,000 barrels per day (bpd). The company previously had a plan to start operations by September of last year, and were […]
By John Lee. The Gharraf [Garraf] oil field in Thi Qar [Dhi Qar] province, 85km north of the City of Nasiriyah, produced its first commercial output of oil on 31st August. Iraq’s Ministry of Oil said the flow rate was 35,000 barrels a day, and peak production of 230,000 bpd was expected in 2017. Japan […]
Korea’s STX Heavy Industries has announced another major contract win in Iraq. The $99.5-million deal will see the company build a new gas treatment facility at the Gharraf [Garraf] oilfield. Malaysia’s state oil firm Petronas holds 45 percent of the Gharraf project, Japan Petroleum Exploration (Japex) 30 percent, and Iraq’s North Oil Company (NOC) 25 percent. […]
Gazprom Neft has completed laying, testing and connecting a 165 km oil pipeline from the Badra field, which the Company operates in Iraq, to the Gharraf oilfield (Nasiriyah district, Iraq). With infrastructure already in place at Gharraf, completion of the pipeline from Badra means that the field is now connected to the main Iraqi pipeline […]
By John Lee. Oil Minister Dr. Adel Abdul Mahdi [Adel Abdel Mehdi] (pictured) has announced the establishment of three new oil companies. The Dhi Qar Oil Company has been set up to put the extraction and production of oil from fields in Dhi Qar under their direct supervision of the people of the province. This […]
By John Lee. Iraq has this week established the Dhi Qar Oil Company (DQOC), which will take over responsibility for the Nassiriya and Garraf oil fields. The South Oil Company (SOC) has been renamed the Basra Oil Company (BOC), following the transfer of the Dhi Qar assets to the new company. (Source: Reuters)
Turkish oil and gas services company Ergil has been awarded a design, engineering, fabrication, and testing contract by China Petroleum Engineering & Construction Corporation ( CPECC), for Petronas‘ Garraf oil field. The company says it has completed designing, manufacturing and supplying of 12 units 320-bar high-pressure pig receivers and launchers, 28 units pig signallers, 12 […]
Baker Hughes, a GE company has been awarded a contract by the South Gas Company of Iraq (SGC) for fast-track solutions to help the recovery of flare gas for Nassiriya and Al Gharraf [Garraf] oilfields. The importance of the project was highlighted by the attendance of several high-level officials, including HE Jabbar Al-Luaib, the Minister […]
Malaysia’s Petronas and Japan Petroleum Exploration (Japex) are planning to award a deal shortly to drill several wells at Iraq’s untapped Garraf [Gharraf] oil field in southern Iraq, a company executive said. The consortium is planning to drill two appraisal wells at Garraf, in Dhi Qar province, starting in November, he said. “We have issued […]
Iraq's South Oil Company, working with the IOCs, has set quarterly production targets for the country's southern oilfields for 2011, according to documents obtained by Reuters. Production is targeted reach an average of nearly 2.3m bpd by Q4 2011. Oilfields Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Rumaila 1,175,000 1,201,000 1,226,000 1,250,000 West Qurna 1 260,000 270,000 285,000 […]